Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kids, Beware of Student Loans!!!

I really wish I had taken college more seriously when I was right out of high school.  But I can't go back and change that now.

I am really glad I did go back to school.  I only wish I had not taken out those STUPID student loans.  I swear, they will haunt me for the rest of my natural life!  I took out the loans looking at a great and prosperous future.  I never knew I would fall in love with and marry a man whose career would make it virtually impossible to work hospital shifts.  I am not blaming my husband, it is not his fault.  I LOVE working in the hospital.  The shifts are detrimental to my family, however.  My kids hate it.  It makes it VERY hard for my husband to do his job.

I do love staying at home and being here when my kids get home from school.  But, it certainly does not make the student loan payments!!  I am trying desperately to find a legitimate work from home opportunity, so if any of you have any ideas, send them my way.  At the prompting of John, I have even considered becoming a gunsmith!  LOL---I know, right?  What a laugh!

If your kids are considering student loans, please have them talk to me.  You can defer, you can apply for extended terms, but ultimately, you DO have to pay them all back.  And it sucks!!  Take longer to get that  degree, whatever it takes, but DON'T fall off into the dark black hole of student loans.  You WILL regret it! I know I do.

Hugs and Love,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment