Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Amber Might Be On To Something! I Forgot To Mention God In My Plan!!

My friend Amber is following my blog.  She posted a comment regarding yesterday's blog post.  I have been thinking about her post.  I think Amber might be on to something!

You see, I posted all the things I will do to stay focused, to increase my stamina, to be successful on my journey to a more fit me.  I posted all the reasons why I wanted to be more fit and healthy.  I asked all my friends and family for their support and encouragement.  But not ONE time did I EVER mention God.

I call myself a Child Of God, but do I really live it?  I have asked everyone out there to help and support me on this journey.  But not ONE time have I prayed about the journey.  I pray about a lot of things.  But I have NEVER prayed for myself.  I pray for complete strangers.  I pray for my family.  I pray for my country.  I have never prayed for myself.  I wonder why?

Sometimes I feel like I am not worthy of God's love.  I have made so many mistakes in my life.  Mistakes that cost the people I love the most so much.  And I am not talking just about money.  Many of you know what I am referring to.  I have never forgiven myself for any of that.  Fortunately, He has forgiven me.  I don't think that I will ever completely forgive myself.   For now, that just has to be okay.

From this day forward, I will pray for myself each day.  I will pray that God helps me to be the wife and mother my husband and children deserve.  That I am the daughter my parents deserve and that I am the sister my brothers and new sister in law deserve.  I pray that I am the kind of friend that everyone wants, and that I will be strong enough to continue to put the needs of others' before my own.  I will also pray that God will lead me on my journey to fitness.

I want all of me to be fit.  Not just my physical body, but my spiritual body as well.  I should have realized sooner that it is okay to pray for myself.  I just never really thought about it.

Thank you Amber for your example.  Friends, please pray with and for me.

Hugs and Love,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Ok I am so honored to have influenced you! I have always wanted to say the right thing to a friend at the right time! So you are very very welcome!!! You will do great! I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete