Monday, January 24, 2011

A Life Lost.......So Senseless, So Tragic

So I just found out that a friend's 14 year old niece took her own life last night.  Even though I did not know this little girl, I am still numb. 

I have known a few people through the years that have taken their own lives.  My first experience was in high school.  A good friend shot and killed himself on his birthday.  What makes a person feel so alone?  So helpless? So worthless?  What is so bad that with the support of your friends, family and most importantly God, you cannot recover from?  Sure, you may not have the "problem" if you are dead, but think of those that are left behind to mourn you.  I don't understand it now, and I most likely never will.

One thing I know for sure is that we all tend to take life for granted.  We tend to take our family for granted.  I have tried to be better about this since Jake's illness.  But, unfortunately, I still fall into that same old rut from time to time.

If you are reading this, stop right now and go find your children.  No matter how old they are.  Tell them that you love them.  Tell them that no matter what they have done, or how bad things seem, you will ALWAYS love them regardless.  Encourage them to talk to you, your spouse, an aunt or uncle, grandparent, ANYONE.  Just don't keep it all inside of you.

For those of you who don't have a personal relationship with God, get yourself one!  It is easy.  He loves you like no one else ever could.  You have to experience it to fully comprehend what I am talking about.  If you don't know how or where to meet Him, hollar at me.  I would be most happy to make the initial introduction.

If you read my previous post about living your life only for yourself, you might agree with me about this one thing:  This tragic event is a result of a society programmed to live their lives only for themselves.  Yes, I said it.  Suicide is selfish.  I don't care how old you are, you should know better.  I am NOT blaming the family, the kids at school, anything like that.  I am saying that this happened because someone thought not about others, but only about themselves.  Tragic.

No comments:

Post a Comment