Monday, January 31, 2011

I Hate Cancer And I Love God

My oldest son Jake is a 7 year cancer survivor.  Yet he is only 10 years old.  In December, he lost one of his friends from summer camp to cancer.  Last week we got word that one of his favorite counselors from camp is now all out of treatment options.

My children are devastated.  Again.  They pray for their friend and tonight I listened as Max cried himself to sleep.  Cancer knows no stranger.  Cancer can attack anyone, anytime, at any age.  It is the master of deception.  It is evil.  But, it tends to bring people closer in their relationships with each other and with their Lord.

This young man is very private.  He doesn't want anyone to make a big deal out of this.  He doesn't want any special treatment, parties, fundraisers, public outpouring of love and support.  Nothing.  He simply wants his life to continue to be as "normal" as possible.

I am asking anyone who reads my blog to pray for Connor.  His sister has asked that we pray for the following:  pray for his continued strength in faith and spirit and pray that he is finding a peace and excitement to be with his Lord.

I am fortunate to have all 3 of my kids alive and healthy.  More fortunate than most people even realize.  I sometimes wonder why I am so lucky and others have lost or are losing their children.  I am learning to not question God's plan, and when I don't understand I just have to accept.

As far as my journey to health goes, I am not losing weight as fast as I would like, but my mental health is improving!!  By that I mean I am feeling better about things that have bothered me for years.  Things that have held me back.  And to think, it all started after my friend inspired me to pray for myself.


Hugs and Love,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment