Friday, January 28, 2011

First Month Down

Well, the first month of the 90 day fitness challenge is over.  I was only able to work out 1 and 1/2 weeks during the month.  I tried to stick to a healthy diet, though.  Except for the beginning of this week, I did really good.  So, drumroll please..................................I have lost 16 pounds in 1 month.  I have not taken my measurements yet, though.

In the beginning, I vowed to eat only what God makes.  MAN!!  I didn't realize how much stuff we consume that is processed!  I found that nearly impossible for our families lifestyle, so I have done the following:  No flour, no added salt or sugar, no artificial sweeteners.  I tried no caffeine, but that left me with a ginormous headache.  I will have to taper off of the caffeine.  It is like a drug for me!!

Took the last of my anticoagulation therapy this week, starting an aspirin regime tomorrow.  I get to get back on the workout bandwagon tomorrow too.  Just in time for the ice storm we are supposed to get next week!!  I will have to break out some work out dvd's I guess.

The things I have learned so far:
I am human, and I will from time to time
fail
I have more courage than I ever realized
I have fantastic friends
My family loves me unconditionally
Even though I don't feel like I deserve it, God does love me
Amber was right, I feel better and this feels less like a "challenge" and more like a "way of life" when I include God
I AM GOING TO LOOK FANFREAKINTASTIC IN AUGUST WHEN I TURN 40.  PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE MY KIDS WHEN THEY SAY I AM 25 YEARS OLD!!!


 Jealous?  Don't be.  Just join me!!  Oh--the turkey chili recipe I posted on FB yesterday is delicious!!  Made it today.  I am just so excited to get back on track!!


Hugs and Love,
Laurie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment